Wrigley Field has been the home of the Chicago Cubs since 1916, but was built in 1914 by Charles Weeghman, then owner of the Chicago Whales of the Federal League. After the Federal League folded up after two seasons, Weeghman bought the Chicago Cubs from Charles Taft and immediately moved the team to Weeghman Park as it was known from the West Side Grounds. In 1920, after the team was sold to the Wrigley family, the field was known as Cubs Park and in 1926 was named Wrigley Field.
- The land was bought from a seminary.
- Original construction cost was $250,000.
- Ground was broken on March 4, 1914.
- Original dimensions were 440 feet to center, 310 to left and 345 to right with a flag pole in play and there were no left field bleachers, rather a scoreboard at field level.